Alcohol Duties Contact Number: 03000 592 688

Contact the HMRC Alcohol Duties office on their UK telephone number 03000 592 688 for information about paying the duty, to ask how to apply for the appropriate license or for assistance completing your WMW1 form.


Wine and Cider Duty – 03000 592 688

You should contact the HM Revenue & Customs office of Alcohol Duty on their Wine and Cider queries number 03000 592 688 to ask how to submit returns and payments over the phone. You can also use this number to find out if you need to register for Wine Duty as a wine or made-wine producer. For instance, if you produce wine for sale of more than 1.2% ABV then you must apply for a wine licence from HMRC and subsequently pay the duty. You can also contact the tax office to ask how to apply for a wine producer’s licence, or for assistance completing your WMW1 form. Notably, you will require a licence for each establishment in which you intend to produce wine for sale. However, callers should ensure to use the Beer Duty payments number 03000 583 920 if they sell ale at their place of business or are a representative of a brewery.


Call Costs

The HMRC uses local contact numbers that will charge callers the standard per-minute rate as any other geographic call from a UK mobile or landline telephone. However, you may be able to contact the Alcohol Duty offices for free if you are using any inclusive free minutes that have been offered by your telephone’s service provider.


Alcohol Duties – UK Phone Numbers

Alcohol Duty Department UK Contact Number Opening Hours
Wine and Cider Duty Payments 03000 592 688 8.30am-4pm Monday to Friday
Beer Duty Payments 03000 583 920 9am-4pm Monday to Friday


Write to the Alcohol Duty Offices

If you would prefer to send a letter detailing your written enquiry then you should write to HM Revenue & Customs Alcohol Duty Office on the following contact address: Wine and Cider Duty returns and payments should be sent to: HM Revenue and Customs – Central Collection Unit (TAPS), Alexander House 21 Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS99 1AS, United Kingdom.

However, if you are writing in regards to Beer Duty then you should use the following HMRC address: HM Revenue and Customs – Beer Duty, St Mungo’s Road, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G70 5WY, United Kingdom.